Non-U.S. Citizens Can Rely On Our Defense Services

When a person who is not a United States citizen is arrested, his or her immigration status is affected. The key question to resolve is: "Is this arrest fatal to your immigration status?" Working closely with immigration attorneys, Mark M. Cheser strongly protects the rights of non-U.S. citizens facing criminal charges.

If you are looking for a criminal defense attorney for yourself or for a loved one, you do not need to look any further than Union attorney Mark M. Cheser. With more than 35 years of experience, attorney Cheser is confident in his abilities to secure a positive outcome on your behalf. Do not wait to call us toll free for a free consultation: 1-866-456-9864.

We Collaborate With Immigration Attorneys

Mark M. Cheser knows criminal defense inside and out. He collaborates with other lawyers who know immigration law inside and out. Pairing two vital and complex areas of law, we approach our clients' cases from all relevant angles.

As a non-U.S. citizen in the criminal justice system, you will have three main concerns:

  • Renewing your visa and/or avoiding deportation
  • Being allowed back into the United States
  • Becoming an American citizen

Marijuana Offenses May Be Eligible For Conditional Discharge

Our firm represents non-U.S. citizens arrested for drunk driving, weapons violations, identity theft and more. We are familiar with and confident in handling all criminal matters. We very frequently handle marijuana offenses for non-U.S. citizens and have been successful in securing their eligibility in a diversion program called "conditional discharge."

Conditional discharge is exclusively for marijuana charges. When a non-U.S. citizen is arrested, he or she is placed under supervised probation for a maximum of three years. When the individual completes the program, he or she will avoid having a record of conviction, although the arrest will still exist on his or her record. The arrest record can be expunged at a later date.

Keep Your Immigration Goals On Track

Do you want more information about how we can help you avoid deportation and defend criminal charges? Call us in Union County at 1-866-456-9864 or contact us online.