Union Attorney Helping Prevent Deportation Due To Criminal Matters

A criminal conviction can result in deportation, even if you plead guilty to a lesser charge. If you are arrested for a crime that involves moral turpitude — crimes that involve rape, solicitation of a prostitute or conduct that is considered vile and base — you can be deported. However, a conviction for a crime that is similar but is not considered a crime of moral turpitude may not result in your deportation. As a result, it's essential that you work with an experienced criminal defense attorney who understands how certain kinds of charges and convictions affect your immigrant status. At the Union, New Jersey, law office of criminal defense lawyer Mark M. Cheser, we counsel and represent noncitizen immigrants charged with crimes.

If you have a visa or are in the process of obtaining a green card and have been charged with a crime, contact criminal deportation attorney Mark M. Cheser today to schedule a free, confidential consultation to discuss your case.

Deportable Criminal Offenses

The criminal defense law office of Mark M. Cheser advises and defends noncitizen immigrants in regard to the following charges:

DUI Charges And Deportation

Attorneys unfamiliar with immigration law may recommend that their client either plead guilty to a DWI charge or participate in an Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. However, under current US immigration law, an ARD plea bargain is considered a criminal conviction and constitutes grounds for deportation. Additionally, whether the officer had reasonable suspicion to pull you over, whether he conducted the field sobriety test properly, or whether the Breathalyzer used was calibrated correctly can determine if the charges against you should be dismissed. Mr. Cheser can review your case and may be able to have it dismissed before it even goes to trial.

Contact Union, New Jersey, Criminal Deportation Attorney Mark M. Cheser

There are several issues that must be considered if you've been arrested on a criminal charge. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will not help you if you've been charged with a crime. In order to protect and assert your rights, contact criminal deportation defense lawyer Mark M. Cheser today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.